Wolverine photo by Kyle Moore
Valid: February - mid-April
Group size: 2 - 4
Wild Taiga area has a great expanse of untouched wilderness, which offers exceptional wildlife
watching and photographing. It is one of the best areas in Europe for seeing and photographing
the rare animals in their natural habitat. Winter wildlife watching season is perfect
to observe also Northern lights!
Day 1 - Arrival
- Arrival to Kajaani airport, transfer to Kuhmo
- Check in to lakeside Hotel Kalevala
- Evening saunas with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis
- Welcoming drink and dinner in restaurant
Day 2 - Husky day
- After breakfast transfer to husky farm for a husky safari. Incl. presentation of the husky farm,
introduction of the dog teams followed by sleigh drive in the wilderness, picnic lunch, thermal overall.
- Transfer back to hotel
- Evening saunas with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, dinner.
Day 3 - Wildlife watching night
- Morning for leisure or optional activities
- In the afternoon transfer closer to Russian border for wildlife watching night. On the arrival information
about the hides and animals possible to see like wolverine, wolf, several birds. After early dinner
youll go to the observation hides with picnic packet, where youll spend the night. All hides are
equipped with viewing chairs, sleeping areas and dry toilets. Please note that smoking,
alcohol and making noice are not allowed during the night.
Day 4 - Hunting for Norhern lights
- Transfer back to hotel for breakfast
- Day for resting or optional activities
- Evening saunas with jacuzzis and dinner at the hotel.
- Later transfer will pick you up for hunting Northern lights. Professional wilderness guide will take you
through the forests to get to spot to observe northern lights if the night is clear and starry.
Guide will tell you stories about the sky and aurora borealis, the fire will be there to keep you
warm while waiting the magic moment to happen. Hot drinks and snacks will be served.
Transfer back to the hotel at night.
Day 5 - Day for leisure
- The day is yours to spend as you wish; try some cross country skiing on the lake, snowshoeing in
the forests or borrow kick-sledges and visit Kuhmo town. Take a look at our optional activities list
- Evening saunas with jacuzzis, dinner
Day 6 - Bye bye Finland
- Breakfast, check-out
Double/twin room 930 €
Single room 1075 €
Superior double room 1017 €
Suite 1217 €
- 4 night accommodation in hotel
- 1 night wildlife watching
- Half board (4 course dinner at hotel, early dinner before wildlife watching night)
- Welcoming drink
- Evening saunas with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis daily
- 5-6 hour husky safari, incl. picnic lunch and transfers
- Taiga Aurora tour incl. transfers, hot drinks and snacks
- Free use of skiing equipment
- Free Wi-Fi at hotel
With extra charge:
- Return transfer from Kajaani airport 100 €/person
- Optional activities, like snowshoeing, cross country ski school or forest ski tour,
exciting rapid swimming, fat bike tours, snowmobile safaris
- Lunch 20 €/day
- Extra night with half board
Double/twin room 93 €
Single room 122 €
Superior double room 107 €
Suite 143 €
- All the activities are guided in English, some are possible in French or German
- Package price does not include personal travel insurance
- We reserve all the rights to change the order or content of the program if necessary due to weather or safety reasons