Wild Brown Bear Adventure
Valid: May - September 2019
Excluding 14.-28.7.2019, April on request
Group size: min. 2 persons
Single supplement +50 €
Meeting the Wild Brown Bear in its natural environment, the Wild Taiga,
is an unforgettable experience, and of course for photography enthusiasts,
opportunity to take the shot of a lifetime from the comfort
and safety of our specially designed Bear hides.
The Brown Bear and other rare animals such as the wolverine
or the wild forest deer can be viewed from specially designed hides.
Wild Taiga area has a great expanse of untouched wilderness,
which offers exceptional wildlife watching and photographing.
Under the guidance of a wilderness guide it is one of the best areas in Europe for seeing
and photographing the rare large carnivores in their natural habitat.
- Arrival to Kuhmo, accommodation in lakeside Hotel Kalevala
- Evening saunas with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, dinner
- After breakfast visit to the Petola Visitor Centre (timetable may change depending on the date).
- Approx. at 15:00 transfer even closer to the Russian border for Bear Watching (departure time is earlier
- On the arrival to the main lodge, information about the hides and bears and also other animals which are
possible to observe. Early dinner before going to the hides. At 17:00 start from the main building to the
hides. All hides are equipped with viewing chairs, sleeping areas and dry toilets. Hide offers a panoramic
view of the site at a nice viewing distance. The hide site is situated in a small open wetland area with
backdrop of spruce pine and birch forest. For photographers the site offers excellent photography
opportunities, there is between twelve to sixteen hours of direct sunlight and two to four hours of twilight
in the viewing season. Package includes refreshment and sandwiches in the hides, sleeping bags.
Recommended equipment is clothes according to weather forecast, binoculars and camera.
Please notice smoking, alcohol and making noise are not allowed during the night.
- 06:00-08:00 transfer back to the Hotel Kalevala for breakfast
- Free afternoon for optional activities or relaxing; hiking, fishing, bicycling...
- Evening saunas and jacuzzis
- Check out
505 €/person in a double room
591 €/person in a single room
558 €/person in superior room fro two
669 €/person in suite for two
Prices includes following services:
- 2 night accommodation in Hotel Kalevala
- 1 night in the bear watching hide
- half board
- saunas with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis
- free entrance to Petola Visitor Centre and exhibition
- free use of bicycles, rowing boat, summer games, Wi-Fi
With extra charge:
Return transfer from Kajaani airport 100 €/person
Lunch 25 €/day
More Information and bookings
Tel. +358 8 6554100
All rights reserved.
We reserve all the rights to change the order of the activities if necessary due to the weather or other conditions.
Package price does not include personal travel insurance. Guidance at the bear center is in English.