Summer Honeymoon in Wild Taiga
Hotel Kalevala - Magic and Traditions
Enjoy the midnight sun, white nights, clear blue lakes in perfect silence. Staying in a private hotel on a remote area in Eastern Finland is a perfect way to enjoy a holiday just for you two, away from the crowds.
Duration: 5 days, 4 nights
Day 1 ARRIVAL DAY
- Arrival to Kajaani airport, transfer to Hotel Kalevala, accommodation in a suite with beautiful view to Lake Lammasjärvi.
In suite there is separate bedroom and living room, own jacuzzi, bathrobes, slippers. Sparkling wine, chocolate and
berries as welcoming gift.
- Welcoming drink and dinner in the restaurant
- Midnight bicycling; 1 hour guided tour along the beautiful routes in Kuhmo village, enjoy the nightless night!
Day 2 HUSKYTREKKING
- After breakfast transfer to the husky farm, where you start a hiking tour that takes you out in the nature with lovely
sled dogs. Although being on their summer holiday, the huskies are very eager to guide you through beautiful
sceneries and uncrowded trails. Tour includes picnic lunch.
- Back to the hotel for our special wellness-treatment, peat sauna: skin will be covered in the sauna by peat for 20
minutes, after the gentle heat of the sauna, skin is softer and body relaxed. This treatment improves your metabolism,
helps fluid to go off your body and cleans your skin
- Evening sauna with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis
- Dinner on the terrace
Day 3 WILD BROWN BEAR ADVENTURE
- After breakfast short canoeing tour to Petola Nature Centre, where guided tour at the exhibition Predators on the
prowl - a permanent exhibition with comprehensive information on Finnish predators bear, wolf, wolverine and lynx.
Info section presents a wide range of information related to many interesting aspects of large carnivores. Visit includes
also ½ hour film Large carnivores in the border region. Canoeing tour continues to Harakkasaari island, where youll
enjoy picnic lunch at sandy beach.
- In the afternoon transfer to Bear Watching. On the arrival to the main lodge, information about the hides and bears
and also other animals which are possible to observe. Short walk from main building to the hides with the picnic packet,
camera and binoculars. All hides are equipped with comfortable viewing chairs, sleeping areas and dry toilets. Hide is
situated in a small open wetland area with backdrop of spruce pine and birch forest. For photographers the site offers
excellent photography opportunities, there is between twelve to sixteen hours of direct sunlight and two to four hours
of twilight in the viewing season. Package includes refreshment and sandwiches in the hides, sleeping bags and a
personal tour guide. Recommended equipment are clothes according to weather forecast. Please notice smoking is not
allowed during the night.
Day 4 DAY FOR WELLBEING
- Transfer back to the hotel for breakfast in the morning
- Time for resting after a long night
- Traditional Finnish bone setting; the method, based on very old tradition of Finnish folk medicine, has been found quite
efficient in treating various forms of physical problems.
- Romantic herbal bubble bath for you two
- Saunas and indoor and outdoor jacuzzis
- Wellbeing dinner
Price: 1649 €/person
- 3 night accommodation in suite, breakfast and use of evening saunas and jacuzzis daily
- Welcoming drink, half board (3 course dinner)
- Guided midnight bicycling tour around Kuhmo
- Guided hiking tour with huskies, incl. picnic lunch
- Guided tour to Petola Visitor Centre, incl. short canoeing tour and picnic lunch
- One night in a bear hide, incl. transfers, picnic for the night
- Wellness treatments: peat sauna, Traditional Finnish bone setting, romantic herbal bath
- Bathrobes, slippers and & refreshments in a room on the arrival
- Free use of bicycles, rowing boat, summer games, Wi-Fi
- Transfer Kajaani airport - hotel - Kajaani airport
or rental car from Kajaani, Oulu, Kuopio or Kuusamo airport. No limits of kilometres
With extra charge:
Extra night with half board 170 €/person
We reserve all the rights to change the order of the activities if necessary due to the weather or other conditions.