From 6th - 11th March 2021 we invite you to spend a special multi-activity holiday you will certainly remember!
1 179 €
Holiday with many exciting activities:
- Plenty of exciting activities in the gorgeous Finnish winter
landscape, like snowshoeing, snowmobile and husky safari tours
- Full board including Finnish delicacies like reindeer, bear and elk meat (vegetarians are also welcome. Please inform us when booking)
- Finnish saunas, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis and special sauna
- Eating like back in the olden days, experiencing the local culture
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY
- Transfer from Kajaani airport.
- Welcome drink at the fireplace.
- Welcome dinner including the Finnish delicacy elk meat.
DAY 2: SNOWMOBILE SAFARI
- Full board.
- Guided 3-4 hour snowmobile safari along the taiga forest,
- Sauna time with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis.
- Dinner with local salmon as main course.
DAY 3: CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING & KOTA EVENING
- Full board
- After breakfast: cross-country ski school; learn the national
sport of Finland.
- In the afternoon you will have some free time to continue
skiing; easy tracks at Kalevala Ski-centre and on the lake side
are suitable for beginners. Ski tracks for persons with more
experience are available too.
- Dinner in "Kota" teepee at the hotel shore. Enjoy a tasty
reindeer meat dish around the open fire.
- Late evening saunas & jacuzzis. You'll get a Finnish sauna
treatment with birch branches.
DAY 4: HUSKY SAFARI
- Full board.
- Start your 2 hour husky safari. Everyone will get the chance to
drive a husky sleigh, 2 persons/sleigh.
- Sauna time
- The main course of the dinner will be a special delicacy,
- The evening will continue with DJ and dancing till the early
DAY 5: SNOWSHOEING & WINTER FISHING,
& OLDEN DAYS DINNER
- Full board with late breakfast.
- 3 hours guided snowshoe & winter fishing tour
starting at the hotel.
- Time for sauna and relaxing in the afternoon.
- In the evening you will be served an "Olden Days Dinner".
Forget about etiquette, white tablecloths and fancy eating. Eat
with your fingers or wooden spoon and enjoy the dinner like in
the olden days.
DAY 6: GOODBYE FINLAND
After breakfast transfer to Kajaani airport.
RATES per person 2021:
In standard single/double room 1.179 €
In superior double room 1.319 €
In suite (for two) 1.465 €
- Return transfer from Kajaani airport.
- 5 nights accommodation at Hotel Kalevala.
- Full board incl. breakfast, soup lunch and dinner
- Evening saunas, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis daily.
- Guided activities: snowmobile safari, husky safari, cross
country skiing lesson, snowshoe + winter fishing tour
- Evening with DJ Tero
- Free use of kick-sledges, slegdes, toboggans, Wi-Fi.
- Thermal overall (suit, hat, gloves, socks, boots) 25 €/day or
65 €/week. Must be booked in advance with clothing and shoe
- Optional activities: Exciting rapid swimming, snowmobiling
tours, fat bike tour or hire.
- Wellbeing treatments: relaxing massage, Finnish bone setting,
infrared sauna, herbal bubble baths, peat treatments.
Good to know:
- Possibility to arrive earlier/depart later. Extra night starting
from 79 €/p.p. incl. dinner and breakfast.
- Package price does not include personal travel insurance or
flights. Arrival airport is Kajaani (KAJ).
- Driver's license is required to drive a snowmobile.
- Equipment recommended: winter clothes (jacket, trousers,
winter boots, wool socks, gloves, hat) if not rented from hotel.